Tuesday, January 11, 2011

it's a great day to be alive


Oh the promises we make to ourselves that blow up in our pretty wittle faces.

While utilizing my time in one awesome great way (facebook chatting with an old friend), he had asked how the wedding planning was going. I had told him that everything seems to be humming along well (it's fabulous when your fiance is just as into it as you are, although he'll never admit it) and that I'd never in a million years dream that I'd be planning a wedding reception/dinner/dance outside and actually WANT it that way. It's true.

I sweat like a whore.

And I'm wanting and planning a reception OUTSIDE. Not in December or January. But in JULY. JULY. The dog days of summer, if you will. Luckily, the summer heat in Colorado isn't as fucking muggy as it is here in Kansas. Still, it'll be warm. Which is hard to describe now with the snow on the ground and Uggs on my feet. My roommate reminded me that I'd be freezing as I was getting ready for work. I am wearing grey tights with my classic Uggs. Any other girl, yes, would be freezing their skinny asses off. Me? Hell, it's like a walk in Palm Springs.

The point of this is that one should never make promises or plans to themselves. Again, never thought I'd be planning a bash outside for a wedding. I mean, the sunset will be to die for. The open prairie. A beer in my hand and a husband in the other. Life will be kick ass, even if I'm sweating. And even IF (when) I'm sweating outside, I know that I'd be sweating even if our reception was in a meat locker.

Second, never in a million YEARS would I think that I'd be moving back to the farm. And, honestly, being psyched beyond my dreams. The farm was not my most favorite place growing up. I hated it. Despised it. Almost even embarrassed by it in high school. My high school was private and we were the only family who legitimately farmed. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb. Now? I love it and adore throwing it around, as if it's some private ritzy club. Our own little country club. Nothing calms a soul then a spacious sunset and peace with quiet.

Life is changing for this HV County Farmer's daughter. I may be pulling up these stakes for another in Colorado, but I'll always be a HV County girl in my soul. Even if my plates read different (preferably a K-State Powercat plate).

One thing is for sure, I'll never let this blog go. So, it will be interesting to watch and read back as we start planning for this new chapter in our lives <3

Buckle up slackers. Shiz is getting real.