Monday, October 25, 2010

back in the saddle part one

I'm victorious in my return to blogging!! Life had consumed me with its graduate class"nes", work"ness", small intestine pain"ness" and figuring out why I've been so moody as of lately. I've successfully defeated all three of these predicaments with two things: running and "West Wing".

It's no real shocker that I am a dramatic person; I have the fluent ability to overreact and dramatize anything. However, there was a period lately where I was extra "passionate" and it was giving nothing but strife to myself and those around me. I feel as though I was able to pinpoint it to my Ambien that I take for sleeping. I was able to fall asleep relatively quickly, but it was making me a crazed farmers daughter between the hours of 6:30 am-9:00 pm. I felt this extreme amount of negatively in everything I did. Long story short, I was a moody bitch. Couldn't shake it. Credit to me for noticing that something was not right. I feel as though I've identified one thing I am able to do to shake it off, that doesn't involve a straight jacket and a twisted Russian psychiatrist. Running.

I had strayed from my usual religious routine of running after work, because I was wanting to spend time with people other than my Asiscs running shoes and circa 2002-Ipod. However, I know that these people would prefer to spend less time with me, if that means that I am not the cranky bitch with is becoming an expert at "finding" things wrong with them.

We all have that breaking point with issues in our life. Everything starts to pill up and no matter how hard we tread the water, we feel the general pull downwards. Luckily for me, I've figured out what I need to do to combat the negative energy (running). I had tried walking to work, which was great and really helped clear my head before going to work and afterwards. But, I feel as though I'm going back to my old routine of driving to work and then running when I get home. Hell with humanity and the environment.

I drive a Honda.

That's good enough.